Re: Is there any way that one of the Postgres Background/Utilityprocess may go down?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Is there any way that one of the Postgres Background/Utilityprocess may go down?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
rajan wrote:
> Ok. Let me explain my use case from where I am asking this question,
>
> For configuring Postgres Monitoring using a tool,
> Is it enough if I just add the Postmaster process alone for Monitoring? or
> Should I add all background processes for Monitoring?

I'd have the monitoring tool establish a database connection regularly.
If that works, and you can run a simple SELECT, things look good.

Other than that, the best you can do is monitor the database log file
for nasty messages like PANIC.  Unfortunately there is no simple rule
to determine automatically which log entries are serious errors.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe