Re: Can we have multiple tablespaces with in a database.

От Ron
Тема Re: Can we have multiple tablespaces with in a database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/20/20 11:46 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
Please pick a single list to post to.  Performance seems like the unnecessary one here.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:34 PM Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@exponential.com> wrote:

Can we have multiple tablespaces with in a database in postgres?

I fell as if I'm missing something in your question given the presence of the "CREATE TABLESPACE" SQL command and the related non-command documentation covered here:

Can we have a table on different tablespace same as Oracle?

There is no provision to assign two tablespaces to a single physical table.  To the benefit of those who don't use the other product you may wish to say exactly what you want to do instead of comparing it to something that many people likely have never used.

In some RDBMSs, you can partition tables across multiple tablespaces, but they don't partition tables in anything close to the trigger-based method that Postgres does (at least in 9.6).

Сообщение: Re: Can we have multiple tablespaces with in a database.
Сообщение: RE: Can we have multiple tablespaces with in a database.