Re: [HACKERS] DROP SUBSCRIPTION hangs if sub is disabled in the sametransaction

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] DROP SUBSCRIPTION hangs if sub is disabled in the sametransaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/15/17 13:35, Arseny Sher wrote:

>> Here is a simple patch that fixes this, based on my original proposal
>> point #4.
>
> I checked, it passes the tests and solves the problem. However, isn't
> this
>
> +        if (slotname || !subenabled)
>
> is a truism? Is it possible that subscription has no slot but still
> enabled?

Yeah, we could just remove the _at_commit() branch entirely.  That would
effectively undo the change in 7e174fa793a2df89fe03d002a5087ef67abcdde8,
but I don't see any other choice for now.  And the practical impact
would be quite limited.

> Besides, we can avoid stopping the workers if subscription has no
> associated replication origin, though this probably means that
> subscription was broken by user and is not worth it.

Right, it seems not worth addressing this case separately.