Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Hartman,
Matthew<Matthew.Hartman@krcc.on.ca> wrote:
> I have tried to wrap my brain around different approaches but I'm still
> stuck with this one so far. Your approach is interesting but the problem
> is more complicated than that. Let me break it down a bit more.
>
> The chemotherapy treatment room is divided into groupings of chairs,
> called pods. Pod 1 could have three chairs, pod 2 could have two, and so
> forth. Every day can have a unique number of pods, chairs, and groupings
> of chairs to pods. Furthermore, every day can have a unique number of
> nurses, and nurses are assigned to one or more pods. A single nurse
> could be assigned to cover three pods for example. On top of that, pods
> have a start/end time as well as nurses. Every pod and nurse can have
> unique start/end times.
>
> Chemotherapy regimens have a required chair time and a required nurse
> time. The required nurse time represents how long it takes a nurse to
> start the treatment. To schedule an appointment, both the chair and
> nurse have to be available for the required times at the same time,
> while also respecting the pod/chair and pod/nurse assignments. It's more
> than incrementing/decrementing the total available time.

I take it then that the char time and the nurse time are not the same
duration.  Does the nurse time always have to be the same portion of
the chair time (say, at the beginning?), or is their some more
complicated definition of how the nurse time overlays on top the chair
time during the treatment?

merlin

Сообщение: Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Сообщение: Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.