Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

От Hartman, Matthew
Тема Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I have tried to wrap my brain around different approaches but I'm still
stuck with this one so far. Your approach is interesting but the problem
is more complicated than that. Let me break it down a bit more.

The chemotherapy treatment room is divided into groupings of chairs,
called pods. Pod 1 could have three chairs, pod 2 could have two, and so
forth. Every day can have a unique number of pods, chairs, and groupings
of chairs to pods. Furthermore, every day can have a unique number of
nurses, and nurses are assigned to one or more pods. A single nurse
could be assigned to cover three pods for example. On top of that, pods
have a start/end time as well as nurses. Every pod and nurse can have
unique start/end times.

Chemotherapy regimens have a required chair time and a required nurse
time. The required nurse time represents how long it takes a nurse to
start the treatment. To schedule an appointment, both the chair and
nurse have to be available for the required times at the same time,
while also respecting the pod/chair and pod/nurse assignments. It's more
than incrementing/decrementing the total available time.

Thanks,

Matthew Hartman
Programmer/Analyst
Information Management, ICP