Re: Column descriptions - could they be propagated to new tables?

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Column descriptions - could they be propagated to new tables?
Дата
Re: Column descriptions - could they be propagated to new tables?  (Jim Nasby <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 4/5/06, Clive Page <cgp@star.le.ac.uk> wrote:
> Since I discovered the facilities in Postgres for providing and listing
> column descrptions, I have found them very useful, especially for adding a
> string showing physical units to my columns.

Have you considered using domains for these types?  You can comment
the domain appropriately.  While the domain description will not show
in \d+. to get the description you can do \dT on the domain.

Based on your background I also think you might appreciate domains
from a design perspective.  There are a couple of disadvantages to
using them so I'd suggest reading about them.

merlin