Re: Oracle outer join syntax

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Oracle outer join syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> writes:
> [ still on Oracle8 ]
> BTW: You have to use the cost based optimizer (new syntax with rule
> based optimizer yields really bad performance). And our DBA really
> don't like statistics... :(

Sounds like both your database and your DBA are dinosaurs ;-).

If you can't get your DBA to update from Oracle 8 to modern Oracle,
you've got zip chance of persuading him to deal with Postgres,
so I think you're wasting your time worrying about left-join syntax.
After you waste a man-year or so on that, he'll just find something
else to complain about.