Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/20/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> O.k. in all Bruce I like your article but I must admit it seems to take
> a "The community is god" perspective and that we must all bend to the
> will of said community.
I'm not really in a position to judge how a company thinks about
"donating  resources" to a project, but I certainly think that Bruce'
standpoint is correct, and that the community is *indeed* the driver of
a project;  if a company doesn't like how the community deals with
their requirements/needs they can just maintain their own branch.

> The community could learn a great deal from adopting some of the more
> common business practices when it comes to development as well.
>
> In short, I guess I think it is important to recognize that both are
> partners in the open source world and that to ignore one over the other
> is destined to fail.
Do you have any statistical data to back that hypothesis?

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
Cheers,
Andrej

От: Lukas Kahwe Smith
Сообщение: Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file