Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source

От Lukas Kahwe Smith
Тема Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> O.k. in all Bruce I like your article but I must admit it seems to take
> a "The community is god" perspective and that we must all bend to the
> will of said community.
>
> The community could learn a great deal from adopting some of the more
> common business practices when it comes to development as well.
>
> In short, I guess I think it is important to recognize that both are
> partners in the open source world and that to ignore one over the other
> is destined to fail.

I think Bruce article is about painting a realistic picture for
companies who want to get involved. And the reality is that people tend
to be worried about company influence quite often and they do expect a
higher standard for patches coming from a (big) company. For individuals
they are more forgiving, but if an IBM engineer does a little mistake it
will produce a few (not necessarily open) snickers.

regards,
Lukas

Сообщение: Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source
Сообщение: Re: Companies Contributing to Open Source