Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity
Дата
Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 4/19/19 11:14 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> If it is working for you now I see no reason to switch.
>
> Adrian,
>
> It does work. I just learned about the SQL identity type and want to learn
> when it's most appropriate to use. The databases I develop all work with
> integers as primary keys and reading about the type didn't clarify (for me)
> when it should be used.

Mainly for folks that want cross database SQL compliance. It is not a
type so much as a way of specifying an auto-increment column.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity
Сообщение: Re: Primary key data type: integer vs identity