Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???

От codeWarrior
Тема Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I recently discovered that another programmers CGI's are occasionally
killing my postgreSQL server so I decided to modify the postgres.conf file
to do some extended logging and additionally redirect the server output into
an error log (using the -l pgdblog.log) switch...

postgreSQL was restarted like this:

> pg_ctl start -D /usr/bin/pgsql/data -l pgdblog.log

I noticed that the server generated logfile gets real big real fast -- (15
queries and it's already at 1.5MB) -- Is there a switch / option to recycle
the server logs periodically ???

TIA...

GP