Re: Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"codeWarrior" <GPatnude@adelphia.net> writes:
> I noticed that the server generated logfile gets real big real fast -- (15
> queries and it's already at 1.5MB) -- Is there a switch / option to recycle
> the server logs periodically ???

The recommended procedure is not to use pg_ctl's -l switch, but to pipe
output from it into a log-rotating script.  The rotatelogs script from
the Apache distribution works well, or you can roll your own.  See
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.3/postgres/logfile-maintenance.html