ident authentication not working over loopback adapter

От Ian Pilcher
Тема ident authentication not working over loopback adapter
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
This is a bit backwards.  ident authentication is working for me over
Unix domain sockets, but it isn't working over the loopback adapter.

Here is my /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf:

# Allow local and loopback users to connect to self-named databases
#
local    sameuser                                         ident    sameuser
host    sameuser    127.0.0.1        255.255.255.255     ident    sameuser

# Allow password-based authentication for local users, loopback, and
# local subnet.
#
local    all                                         md5
host    all         127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255     md5
host    all         192.168.1.0     255.255.255.0       md5

I have installed the identd daemon, and 'nmap localhost' confirms that
it is listening on port 113.

Here is an example session.  (I have created a PostgreSQL user named
'pilcher' and a database of the same name.)

[pilcher@home pilcher]$ psql
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help on internal slash commands
        \q to quit

pilcher=> \q
[pilcher@home pilcher]$ psql -h localhost
psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "pilcher"

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Notes:  This is Red Hat Linux 8.0.  Password authentication works over
         Unix domain sockets or the loopback adapter.

Thanks!
Ian Pilcher                                           pilchman@attbi.com