Re: Some silly questions

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: Some silly questions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Michiel Lange" <michiel@minas.demon.nl> wrote in message
news:apn9vs$gou$1@news.hub.org...
> I was just wondering about a few options that I would think might be
pretty
> useful. They might exist, but then, I don't know how to get it done...
>
> Here's my list:
> - multi-volume database. Is it possible to split the complete database so
it
> will use several disks? One reason might be load-balancing of the disks,
> another might be a very full disk... there may be even more...
> - If multi-voluming exists, is it possible to make certain specific tables
> can get in a special 'area', so you'd know on which disk it would be?

Well,  if you take a look in the directory
/var/lib/pgsql/data/base
(this path depend on your distribution ) you can see a lot
of directory (numbers) and at this level each number is a Database
inside that directory you have others file and each is a different object
of the DB ( index, table etc) you can create link on different disk if you
want,
take care that Postgres don't follow the links so if you delete and create a
table
or an index that object is recreated on the original location.

Ciao
Gaetano