Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, Andrew Gierth wrote:

> The most reliable and preferred procedure is to use the _new_ version's
> pg_dumpall, for example by allowing access to the old host from the new
> one (possibly using an ssh port forward), or (on OSes that make it easy to
> do package installs of multiple versions) to install the new pg_dump and
> pg_dumpall on the old system.

Andrew,

   Using the SlackBuilds.org script with an updated version number worked for
11.1. So, I'll install it on the old desktop and upgrade in place. Then I
can use the 11.1 pg_dumpall on the data directory and copy that over to the
new desktop.

Thanks,

Rich