Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/11/18 12:18 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2018, Andrew Gierth wrote:
>
>> The most reliable and preferred procedure is to use the _new_ version's
>> pg_dumpall, for example by allowing access to the old host from the new
>> one (possibly using an ssh port forward), or (on OSes that make it
>> easy to
>> do package installs of multiple versions) to install the new pg_dump and
>> pg_dumpall on the old system.
>
> Andrew,
>
>    Using the SlackBuilds.org script with an updated version number
> worked for
> 11.1. So, I'll install it on the old desktop and upgrade in place. Then I
> can use the 11.1 pg_dumpall on the data directory and copy that over to the
> new desktop.

pg_dumpall is going to need to run against a Postgres server not just a
data directory. If both your old and new machines are on the same
network, why not just point the 11.1 pg_dumpall(on the new machine) at
the 9.5 server running on the old machine?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Сообщение: Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version