Re: [GENERAL] Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Er Data Modeller for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Scott Mead just blogged about using SchemaSpy with Postgres

Thomas,

   I've spent the past two days without success trying to get schemaSpy running here
and have found a solution that works quickly and easily: dbeaver
<http://www.dbeaver.com/>. Yes, it's a GUI rather than CLI application but
it works ... and it's F/OSS under the GPL. Best of all worlds.

   I downloaded the postgresql-jdbc driver and installed it in a couple of
places trying to make schemaSpy happy, and futzed with pg_hba.conf access
control. The dbeaver application downloaded and internally installed the
postgresql-jdbc driver it wants to use.

   It took no time to figure out how to create, test, and establish a
connection to the databases and examine their E-R diagrams. They're now
saved as .png files.

Thanks very much for your pointer and my wishes for a healthy, happy, and
prosperous 2017 to you and all who responded to my question,

Rich