Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Metare Solve wrote:

> Will Python enable me to do the same things that I do with that kind of
> big data processing program?

   Yes.

> I need SOMETHING to use for analysis for the tests I'm going to have to
> take when I job hunt so I'm exploring KNIME right now and doing the data
> manipulation into what I'd do in access for analysis. I know, I need stats
> too. You were educated as a biologist? I was educated as a pianist,
> writer, and historian, lol. I have a lot to learn.

   While R is a great statistical and data analytical language (and can do
general programming, too), you'd be better off learning Python first and
looking beyond that only when you hit a dead end.

Rich

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Looking for an online mentor