Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> But the message you sent me offlist showed the 9.5 instance running.

   But now it's not running.

> How are you starting the instance?

   As superuser poostgres: pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &

   After removing an orphaned postmaster.pid the above seemed to have started
postgres, but there's no postmaster process running.

> Are you sure that the password being asked for is not for the OS user you are
> using to run whatever start script you are using?

   Thinking postmaster is running I tried this:

$ psql crm
Password:
FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "rshepard"
DETAIL:  User "rshepard" has no password assigned.
     Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "local   all             all
md5"
psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "rshepard"

   The crm database is owned by me.

> I have never used it, but I am pretty sure that is not what -W means. It
> looks to me that it asks you to create a password at init for the database
> superuser(in this case postgres) and only that user when that user tries
> to use log into a database after the cluster is started.

   From man initdb:

-W, --pwprompt
            Makes initdb prompt for a password to give the database superuser.
            If you don't plan on using password authentication, this is not
            important. Otherwise you won't be able to use password
            authentication until you have a password set up.

   The superuser already exists in /etc/passwd.

> Do you remember what password you specified?

   Yes. It's the same password I use for logging in as a user. If it's the
superuser password being requested, then that's the same as my user
password.

   The Slackware rc.postgresql file for 9.5 has changed from 9.3 and earlier.
It's asking for passwords:

  if [ ! -e $DATADIR/PG_VERSION ]; then
     echo "You should initialize the PostgreSQL database
     at location $DATADIR"
     echo "e.g. su postgres -c \"initdb -D $DATADIR
     --locale=en_US.UTF-8 -A md5 -W\""
     exit 6
  fi

   Note the '-W' at the end. But, I ran initdb from the command line as user
postgres.

Rich

Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall