Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

On 09/04/2016 05:11 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> But the message you sent me offlist showed the 9.5 instance running.
>
>   But now it's not running.
>
>> How are you starting the instance?
>
>   As superuser poostgres: pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &
>
>   After removing an orphaned postmaster.pid the above seemed to have
> started
> postgres, but there's no postmaster process running.
>
>> Are you sure that the password being asked for is not for the OS user
>> you are using to run whatever start script you are using?
>
>   Thinking postmaster is running I tried this:
>
> $ psql crm
> Password: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "rshepard"
> DETAIL:  User "rshepard" has no password assigned.
>     Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "local   all             all
> md5"
> psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "rshepard"

Well, there you have it. As Adrian suggested you may set temporarily the
authentication method to trust, set yourself a password and change it
back to md5.

That should do.
Bye
Charles

--
Swiss PostgreSQL Users Group
c/o Charles Clavadetscher

http://www.swisspug.org

+-----------------------+
|   ____  ______  ___   |
|  /    )/      \/   \  |
| (     / __    _\    ) |
|  \    (/ o)  ( o)   ) |
|   \_  (_  )   \ ) _/  |
|     \  /\_/    \)/    |
|      \/ <//|  |\\>    |
| PostgreSQL 1996-2016  |
|  20 Years of Success  |

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall