Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?
Дата
Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, John R Pierce wrote:

> does Rails even let you near the SQL? I thought it had a total ORM
> abstraction layer that assumes all databases are more or less MySQL, and
> it didn't let you anywhere near the actual relational aspects.

   According to my software engineer partner, you're correct. It doesn't use
SQL, but it's own embedded language. And, while postgres can be used, he
prefers mysql and that's directly supported by Rails.

Rich