Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 28 August 2010 12:50:32 pm Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, John R Pierce wrote:
> > does Rails even let you near the SQL? I thought it had a total ORM
> > abstraction layer that assumes all databases are more or less MySQL, and
> > it didn't let you anywhere near the actual relational aspects.
>
>    According to my software engineer partner, you're correct. It doesn't
> use SQL, but it's own embedded language. And, while postgres can be used,
> he prefers mysql and that's directly supported by Rails.
>
> Rich

It uses SQL to do the actual communication with the db. That is hidden behind
Ruby(http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/) for programming and
YAML(http://www.yaml.org/) for configuration.  FYI Postgres is one of the three
suggested databases to use: http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 3rd time is a charm.....right sibling is not next child crash.