Re: Replication

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Re: Replication  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:

> We need something as good as MySQL Replication.

I certainly hope not, I was hoping for a reliable replication solution
instead.  Wow is the information you get searching for something like
"mysql replication corruption [replay log|bin log]" scary.  I also
appreciate fun bits like how you'll get completely quiet master/slave
mismatches if you should do something crazy like, say, use LIMIT the wrong
way (see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features.html
for more fun like that).

Anyway, you seem to be unaware that built-in replication for PostgreSQL
already is moving along, with an implementation that's just not quite
production quality yet, and might make into the next version after 8.4 if
things go well.  That's probably why it's not on the survey--everybody
knows that's important and it's already being worked on actively.

P.S. another Google search, this one for "postgresql replication support",
finds the mythical company that sells multiple products and support for
this purpose on hit #2 for me.  Or you could use the alternate approach of
looking at the jobs of the everyone who's been giving your a hard time in
this thread...