Re: Replication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:
>> We need something as good as MySQL Replication.

> I certainly hope not, I was hoping for a reliable replication solution
> instead.  Wow is the information you get searching for something like
> "mysql replication corruption [replay log|bin log]" scary.

My experience, stretching over more than five years now, is that mysql
replication fails its own regression tests a significant percentage of
the time ... in nonreproducible fashion of course, so it's hard to file
bug reports.  I'm aware of this because I package the thing for Red Hat,
and I run mysql's regression tests as part of that build, and close to
half the time the build fails in the regression tests, invariably in
the replication-related tests.  Never twice the same mind you; when
I resubmit the job, with the exact same SRPM, it usually works.

This might be some artifact of the Red Hat/Fedora build farm
environment, since my builds on my own workstation seldom fail.  But
it's persisted over multiple incarnations of that build farm and quite
a few versions of mysql.  I've never been able to pin it down enough
to file a bug report.

I can't say I'd trust mysql replication with any data I cared about.