Re: List traffic

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Re: List traffic  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 14 May 2010, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> There is no reason why advocacy can't happen on general. Theoretically
>> www could be on hackers (although I do see the point of a separate
>> list).
>
> I don't feel as strong about -advocacy being removed, but we certainly
> can fold in -sql and -admin. Would anyone argue against rolling those
> two (sql and admin) into -general as a first step?

Question ... we have, right now:

-sql : how to write a query
-performance : how to improve performance of my queries
-admin : how to admin the server
-novice : I'm a new user
-odbc : how to use ...
-php : php related interface questions
-interfaces : more general then -odbc

why not close down -general so that ppl *have* to use better pick where to
post their question ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org