Re: List traffic

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 14 May 2010, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> ... is there a reason why, other the fact that we don't do now, that we
>> can't just put in a restriction against cross posting altogether?
>
> Because that would be shooting ourselves in the foot. Cross-posting
> is often desirable. If we had a clearer distinction of list topics, I
> might support such a move, but we don't, so I can't.

But, its the cross-posting, IMHO, that reduces the distinction ...

>> ... and, for those that have been here awhile, who "should know better",
>> why isn't there any self-management of this sort of stuff in the first
>> place?
>
> What would you have us do?

Redirect users ... if user sends a query performance related question to
-general, respond back with -general as the CC, To as -performance and a
Reply-To header of -performance ... that way those on -general know that
its been redirected, but *hopefully* users replying will honor the
-performance redirect ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org