Re: List traffic

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> -sql : how to write a query
> -performance : how to improve performance of my queries
> -admin : how to admin the server
> -novice : I'm a new user
> -odbc : how to use ...
> -php : php related interface questions
> -interfaces : more general then -odbc
>
> why not close down -general so that ppl *have* to use better pick
> where to post their question ...
That's a change I could support.  I even think the descriptions are
pretty close to what should show.
In trying to think what might be missing, I wonder whether we could
decrease inappropriate traffic on the -bugs list if we had a
"feature request" list, for end users not prepared to discuss things
at the level appropriate for -hackers, but who think that PostgreSQL
should support some feature they don't see.
-Kevin