Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2021-11-03 at 12:50 -0700, Mark Dilger wrote:
> The first two patches are virtually unchanged.  The third updates the
> behavior of the apply workers, and updates the documentation to
> match.

v2-0001 corrects some surprises, but may create others. Why is renaming
allowed, but not changing the options? What if we add new options, and
some of them seem benign for a non-superuser to change?

The commit message part of the patch says that it's to prevent non-
superusers from being able to (effectively) create subscriptions, but
don't we want privileged non-superusers to be able to create
subscriptions?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis