Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly

От Koichi Suzuki
Тема Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly
Дата
Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly  (Charles Duffy <Charles_Duffy@messageone.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
As Heikki pointed out, the issue is not to decompress the compressed
WAL, but also how we can keep archive log still compressed after it is
handled by pg_standby.

I'm afraid pg_standby cannot handle this solely, may need some support
by the pg core.   For example, after closing archive log in archive
recovery, pg_core can call some backend to re-compress the archive log
for later use.

I'm not sure if archive_commend argument works in this scene too, but
very sceptical not.

Any further thoughts?
Koichi Suzuki