Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Making pg_standby compression-friendly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>> "Koichi Suzuki" <koichi.szk@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Heikki pointed out, the issue is not to decompress the compressed
> WAL, but also how we can keep archive log still compressed after it
is
> handled by pg_standby.
>
> I'm afraid pg_standby cannot handle this solely, may need some
support
> by the pg core.   For example, after closing archive log in archive
> recovery, pg_core can call some backend to re-compress the archive
log
> for later use.
Why decompress and re-compress?  We're using simple bash scripts, so I
can't speak to pg_standby; but we just pipe the file through gunzip in
the script called by recovery.conf.  The source file isn't modified --
it stays compressed for archiving.
-Kevin

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Parsing errors in pg_hba.conf
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded (server crash)