Re: Unable to start postgresql-14

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to start postgresql-14
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/23/23 10:05, Johnathan Tiamoh wrote:
> More information needed:
>
> 1) Exact Postgres version e.g 14.x
>
> Postgresql Version 14. 10
>
> 2) Is it community version or fork?
>
> Community version
>
> 3) What was the command you used to start the cluster?
>
> systemctl start postgresql-14
>
> 4) Do you have replication/WAL archiving set up?
>
> Yes.
>

> Just to add. The data directory was accidentally deleted. At the time of
> deletion. The secondary was broken.

So that is the cause of the issue.

> I restore from backup and it couldn't start.

Was this backup taken before the data directory was deleted?

If so how was the backup done?

> I ended up doing a pg_resetwal to start it and ended up with lots of
> data corruption.

Does this mean you recreated the data directory from some source and
then ran pg_resetwal?

> I have try a pg_dumpall to restore in a new server and it has equally
> failed.

Do you mean you did a pg_dumpall from the Postgres instance running on
the restored data directory?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com