Re: REINDEX not updating partition progress

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: REINDEX not updating partition progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 21, 2024 at 11:41:43AM +0100, Ilya Gladyshev wrote:
> Forgot to update partition_relid in reindex_index in the second patch. Fixed in attachment.

        <structfield>relid</structfield> <type>oid</type>
       </para>
       <para>
-       OID of the table on which the index is being created.
+       OID of the table on which the command was run.
       </para></entry>

Hmm.  I am not sure if we really need to change the definition of this
field, because it can have the same meaning when using a REINDEX on a
partitioned table, pointing to the parent table (the partition) of the
index currently rebuilt.

Hence, rather than a partition_relid, could a partitioned_relid
reflect better the situation, set only when issuing a REINDEX on a
partitioned relation?

+   if (relkind == RELKIND_PARTITIONED_INDEX)
+   {
+       heapId = IndexGetRelation(relid, true);
+   }
Shouldn't we report the partitioned index OID rather than its parent
table when running a REINDEX on a partitioned index?
--
Michael

Вложения