Re: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 02:26:02PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Yeah, that would be a good idea but I think instead of changing
> get_altertable_subcmdtypes(), can we have a new function say
> get_altertable_subcmdinfo() that returns additional information from
> address. The other alternative could be that instead of returning the
> address as a string, we can return some fields as a set of records
> (one row for each subcommand) as we do in
> pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands().

Changing get_altertable_subcmdtypes() to return a set of rows made of
(subcommand, object description) is what I actually meant upthread as
it feels natural given a CollectedCommand in input, and as
pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands() only gives access to a set of
CollectedCommands.  This is also a test module so
there is no issue in changing the existing function definitions.

But your point would be to have a new function that takes in input a
CollectedATSubcmd, returning back the object address or its
description?  How would you make sure that a subcommand maps to a
correct object address?
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Сообщение: Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration