Re: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Collect ObjectAddress for ATTACH DETACH PARTITION to use in event trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 11:53 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 04:36:13PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > Right. But, I noticed that get_altertable_subcmdtypes() doesn't handle
> > AT_AttachPartition or AT_DetachPartition. We can handle those and at
> > least have a test for those in test_ddl_deparse\sql\slter_table.sql. I
> > know it is not directly related to your patch but that way we will at
> > least have some tests for Attach/Detach partition and in the future
> > when we extend it to test ObjectAddresses of subcommands that would be
> > handy. Feel free to write a separate patch for the same.
>
> Yeah, that could be a separate patch.  On top of that, what about
> reworking get_altertable_subcmdtypes() so as it returns one row for
> each CollectedCommand, as of (type text, address text)?  We have
> already getObjectDescription() to transform the ObjectAddress from the
> collected command to a proper string.

Yeah, that would be a good idea but I think instead of changing
get_altertable_subcmdtypes(), can we have a new function say
get_altertable_subcmdinfo() that returns additional information from
address. The other alternative could be that instead of returning the
address as a string, we can return some fields as a set of records
(one row for each subcommand) as we do in
pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands().

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.