Re: Ignoring BRIN for HOT udpates seems broken

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Ignoring BRIN for HOT udpates seems broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 09:08:08AM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Attached is a patch reverting both commits (5753d4ee32 and fe60b67250).
> This changes the IndexAmRoutine struct, so it's an ABI break. That's not
> great post-beta :-( In principle we might also leave amhotblocking in
> the struct but ignore it in the code (and treat it as false), but that
> seems weird and it's going to be a pain when backpatching. Opinions?

I don't think that you need to worry about ABI breakages now in beta,
because that's the period of time where we can still change things and
shape the code in its best way for prime time.  It depends on the
change, of course, but what you are doing, by removing the field,
looks right to me here.
--
Michael

Вложения