Re: Ignoring BRIN for HOT udpates seems broken

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Ignoring BRIN for HOT udpates seems broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/6/22 09:28, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2022 at 09:08:08AM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> Attached is a patch reverting both commits (5753d4ee32 and fe60b67250).
>> This changes the IndexAmRoutine struct, so it's an ABI break. That's not
>> great post-beta :-( In principle we might also leave amhotblocking in
>> the struct but ignore it in the code (and treat it as false), but that
>> seems weird and it's going to be a pain when backpatching. Opinions?
>
> I don't think that you need to worry about ABI breakages now in beta,
> because that's the period of time where we can still change things and
> shape the code in its best way for prime time.  It depends on the
> change, of course, but what you are doing, by removing the field,
> looks right to me here.

I've pushed the revert. Let's try again for PG16.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber
Сообщение: Re: Replica Identity check of partition table on subscriber