Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 04:36:47PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I chose TESTOUTDIR because it corresponds to the tmp_check directory, so
> that the output files of the pg_upgrade run are removed when the test
> artifacts are cleaned up.  When using TESTDIR, the pg_upgrade output files
> end up in the build directory, which is less bad than the source directory,
> but still not ideal.

Where does the choice of TESTOUTDIR come from?  I am a bit surprised
by this choice, to be honest, because there is no trace of it in the
buildfarm client or the core code.  TESTDIR, on the other hand, points
to tmp_check/ if not set.  It gets set it in vcregress.pl and
Makefile.global.in.
--
Michael

Вложения