Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 05:43:04AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 04:36:47PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > I chose TESTOUTDIR because it corresponds to the tmp_check directory, so
> > that the output files of the pg_upgrade run are removed when the test
> > artifacts are cleaned up.  When using TESTDIR, the pg_upgrade output files
> > end up in the build directory, which is less bad than the source directory,
> > but still not ideal.
>
> Where does the choice of TESTOUTDIR come from?  I am a bit surprised
> by this choice, to be honest, because there is no trace of it in the
> buildfarm client or the core code.  TESTDIR, on the other hand, points
> to tmp_check/ if not set.  It gets set it in vcregress.pl and
> Makefile.global.in.

It looks like Peter working on top of the meson branch.
TESTOUTDIR is not yet in master.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3395/
https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/meson
https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/commit/e754bde6d0d3cb6329a5bf568e19eb271c3bdc7c

commit e754bde6d0d3cb6329a5bf568e19eb271c3bdc7c
Author: Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
Date:   Mon Feb 14 21:47:07 2022 -0800

    wip: split TESTDIR into two.

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory