Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 06:19:03PM -0800, SATYANARAYANA NARLAPURAM wrote:
> Is there a plan in place to remove the exclusive backup option from the
> core in PG 15/16?

This was discussed, but removing it could also harm users relying on
it.  Perhaps it could be revisited, but I am not sure if this is worth
worrying about either.

> If we are keeping it then why not make it better?

Well, non-exclusive backups are better by design in many aspects, so I
don't quite see the point in spending time on something that has more
limitations than what's already in place.
--
Michael

Вложения