Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file

От SATYANARAYANA NARLAPURAM
Тема Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks Michael!

This is a known issue with exclusive backups, which is a reason why
non-exclusive backups have been implemented.  pg_basebackup does that,
and using "false" as the third argument of pg_start_backup() would
have the same effect.  So I would recommend to switch to that.

Is there a plan in place to remove the exclusive backup option from the core in PG 15/16? If we are keeping it then why not make it better?