Re: logical decoding/replication: new functions pg_ls_logicaldir and pg_ls_replslotdir

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: logical decoding/replication: new functions pg_ls_logicaldir and pg_ls_replslotdir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 12:29:51AM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> On 11/17/21, 11:39 PM, "Bharath Rupireddy" <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please review the attached v2.
>
> LGTM.  I've marked this one as ready-for-committer.

One issue that I have with this patch is that there are zero
regression tests.  Could you add a couple of things in
misc_functions.sql (for the negative tests perhaps) or
contrib/test_decoding/, taking advantage of places where slots are
already created?  You may want to look after the non-superuser case
where the calls should fail, and the second case where a role is part
of pg_monitor where the call succeeds.  Note that any roles created in
the tests have to be prefixed with "regress_".

+   snprintf(path, sizeof(path), "%s/%s", "pg_replslot", slotname);
+   return pg_ls_dir_files(fcinfo, path, false);
"pg_replslot" could be part of the third argument here.  There is no
need to separate it.

+        ordinary file in the server's pg_logical/mappings directory.
Paths had better have <filename> markups around them, no?
--
Michael

Вложения