Re: VS2022: Support Visual Studio 2022 on Windows

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: VS2022: Support Visual Studio 2022 on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 05:54:30PM +0000, Hans Buschmann wrote:
> My skills with git are minmal yet and I am working on a correct
> development platform, so sorry for any inconveniances from my side.

No need to worry here.  We all learn all the time.  I have been able
to apply your patch with a "patch -p2", which is fine enough.  If you
want to generate cleaner diffs, you could use a "git diff" or a "git
format-patch".  Folks around here rely on those commands heavily when
generating patches.

> On both platforms the build of snapshot from 19.11.2021 is
> successfull but gives the following  warnings which seem not
> correlated to the proposed patch:

That's fine by me.

> Der Buildvorgang wurde erfolgreich ausgeführt.
>
> "C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\pgsql.sln" (Standardziel) (1) ->
> "C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\postgres.vcxproj" (Standardziel) (2) ->
> (ClCompile Ziel) ->
>   C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\src\backend\access\heap\pruneheap.c(858,18): warning C4101: "htup": Unreferenzierte
lokaleVariable [C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\postgres.vcxproj]
>   C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\src\backend\access\heap\pruneheap.c(870,11): warning C4101: "tolp": Unreferenzierte
lokaleVariable [C:\pgdev\postgresql-15devel\postgres.vcxproj]

>     2 Warnung(en)
>     0 Fehler
>
> (Meaning 2 unreferenced local variables in pruneheap.c)

Those warnings are knows.  A commit from Peter G is at the origin of
that but nothing has been done about these yet:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/YYTTuYykpVXEfnOr@paquier.xyz

So don't worry about that :)

Glad to see that we should have nothing to do about locales this
time.  I have not tested, but I think that you covering all the areas
that need a refresh here.  Nice work.

+   # The version of nmake bundled in Visual Studio 2022 is greater
+   # than 14.30 and less than 14.40.  And the version number is
+   # actually 17.00.
+   elsif (
+       ($visualStudioVersion ge '14.30' && $visualStudioVersion lt '14.40')
+       || $visualStudioVersion eq '17.00')
+   {
+       return new VS2022Solution(@_);
+   }
Wow, really?  MSVC has not yet simplified their version numbering with
nmake.

+VC2017Project,VC2019Project or VC2022Project from MSBuildProject.pm) to it.
Nit: you should use a space when listing elements in a comma-separated
list.

-      method for compressing table or WAL data. Binaries and source can be
+      method for compressing the table data. Binaries and source can be
Diff unrelated to your patch.

I'll double-check your patch later, but that looks rather good to me.
Will try to apply and back-patch, and it would be better to check the
version numbers assigned in the patch, as well.
--
Michael

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: logical decoding/replication: new functions pg_ls_logicaldir and pg_ls_replslotdir
От: Paul A Jungwirth
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time