Re: pg 7.4 on debian

От Erwin Brandstetter
Тема Re: pg 7.4 on debian
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi NG!

Getting *apt-get update* to work with the above mentioned package
turned out to be tricky.

What I supplied in my last posting was incorrect of course. The line in
sources.list needs a distribution after the URI.

Failed:
deb ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4/debian/ main non-free
contrib

But the following line did not work either, because then apt-get
searched in .../debian/dists/woody/..., but the link is in fact
../debian/woody/.. (no "dists" in the path).

Failed:
deb ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4/debian/ woody main non-
free contrib

Finally I succeeded using this line. Distribution ends with a slash (/)
and components are omitted. The paths to /contrib and /non-free turned
out to be empty anyway.

Success:
deb ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.4/debian/ woody/main/binary-
i386/

The whole procedure took hours because between failures I had to try
many times to connect to ftp.postgrsql.org. "530 The maximum number of
concurrent connections has been reached" ..
And the mirror sites do not provide the files (at least not
<ftp.at.postgresql.org>).
Finally even the provider of my news-server would not let me in to
report back here."400 too many users".. Duh!

So all I achieved this afternoon was to finally make *apt-get update*
read Packages.gz. I hope the update itself will go smoothly.

Regards
Erwin Brandstetter

--
No z in my email.