pg 7.4 on debian

От pginfo
Тема pg 7.4 on debian
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I just tryed to compule 7.4 on debian 3.0.
It is my first try to compile pg on debian ( I was using redhat to this
moment), sorry for my question.

Aftre  ./configure --bindir=/usr/bin --libdir=/usr/lib/pgsql

I recive error:
configure: error: zlib library not found
If you have zlib already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper
directory.
Use --without-zlib to disable zlib support.

And also one error message for readline library.

So I am not familiar with debian, but by redhat I have all this
libraries after OS installation.

Exist some one that have installed 7.4 on debian and that can help me in
this case?

regards,
ivan.