Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12-Dec-99 Tom Lane wrote:
> Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
>>> PQoidValue is new in current sources --- you must be looking at
>>> current-snapshot docs, rather than what was released with 6.5.
>
>> I'm using the docs at www.postgresql.org, which I assumed would
>> be matched to the current release.
>
> I believe the on-line manual is a nightly snapshot.  This is awfully
> handy for developers but not so good for ordinary users.  What we
> should probably do is have both the snapshot and the last release's
> docs on the website ... clearly marked ;-)

Last I looked the docs for every particular version were included with
the tarball.  No matter how clearly you mark anything it still won't be
seen and someone will complain.  Either we should keep the current docs
or the release docs online - not both.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide