Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> Either we should keep the current docs
> or the release docs online - not both.

I disagree, because they serve different audiences.  The snapshot docs
are very useful to developers, particularly those of us who don't have
SGML tools installed but still want to know whether the docs we
committed recently look right or not ;-).  Meanwhile, current-release
documents are clearly the right thing to provide for ordinary users.

I think a reasonable choice would be to provide current-release docs
as the most readily accessible set of docs on the website, and to put
the snapshot docs somewhere less obvious where only developers would
normally go (preferably, accessed off a page that is clearly about
development sources).

If I can't have both, I'd reluctantly say that the release docs are
the right ones to have on the website.