Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] libpq questions...when threads collide
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
> > Either we should keep the current docs
> > or the release docs online - not both.
>
> I disagree, because they serve different audiences.  The snapshot docs
> are very useful to developers, particularly those of us who don't have
> SGML tools installed but still want to know whether the docs we
> committed recently look right or not ;-).  Meanwhile, current-release
> documents are clearly the right thing to provide for ordinary users.

Um, you mean you commit docs before you know whether they even "compile"?
As I see it, if you want to edit the docs, you should test them with your
own SGML tools. With recent sgmltools packages, this is not so hard. At
least the patch applicator hopefully does this.