lower() broken?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема lower() broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I have a record in table cust with the username of  joblo  and it's
already lower case.  This is from a cvsup a couple of weeks old.

classifieds=> select count(*) from cust where username = lower('joblo');
count
-----   0
(1 row)

classifieds=> select count(*) from cust where username = 'joblo';
count
-----   1
(1 row)

Doesn't seem to matter if I use lower on username, 'joblo' or both.  And
there's only the one record in the table.

Did something break or did I forget how to use lower()?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com