Major bug, possible, with Solaris 7?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Major bug, possible, with Solaris 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Can someone please take a minute to look at this?

I've gzip'd and moved his errorlog to
ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/debugging...one thing that appears to be
lacking...what version of PostgreSQL are you using?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:23:25 -0500
From: Daryl W. Dunbar <daryl@www.com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Subject: RE: Interested?

Thanks Marc,  We exchanged an e-mail or two last week, along with
Tatsuo Ishii and Tom Lane.  You suggested I truss the process.

Anyway, periodically, the backends spiral out of control with hung
up children until I hit MaxBackendID (which I compiled in to be
128).  Initially, I was running out of semaphores on Solaris 7 and
changed /etc/system to add these lines:
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=128
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=51
*
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=128
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=8192
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=8192
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=64
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=32
set semsys:seminfo_semume=32

I increased shared memory so I could start more backends...

OK, so now, everything is running fine and boom, the backends start
to hang on semop, eventually reaching MaxBackendID and refusing
connections.
Attached is a log file from a hang up today.  Debug is set to 3.