Re: Replication in main PostgreSQL codebase

От Matt Browne
Тема Re: Replication in main PostgreSQL codebase
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 06 July 2004 16:41, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > I've taken a look at the replication solutions already available,
> > including the sterling effort made on Slony-I, but we're really
> > looking for integrated, base-level support rather than an add-in.
>
> The problem is that "replication" doesn't tend to mean one
> thing, but people rather have different ideas of what it means.

I don't necessarily agree with that. It's true that one size hardly ever
fits all, especially when it comes to implementation, but I think people
have a certain replication feature set in mind when they come across a DBMS
that purports to be enterprise-class...

... Just like what's been listed in the 'Urgent' section of the TODO list
since (I think) 7.2, in fact. (Except perhaps the more complex features like
multi-master replication.)

I didn't post my original message to the pgsql-hackers list because I wanted
to respect the ominous warning about trying other lists first.

Not to discount your comments, Christopher, but is there anyone on this list
who could give me an official and authoritative line on the inclusion of
in-built replication functionality?

Thanks again!

Сообщение: Re: Replication in main PostgreSQL codebase
Сообщение: Re: Replication in main PostgreSQL codebase